The 8th annual Antigua National High School Golf Invitational will be played on September 1st & 2nd 2017 at Whirlwind Golf Club in Chandler, Arizona. The event will consist of 36 holes of stroke play competition. Each team will consist of 5 players and the top 4 scores each day will be counted towards the team score. The tournament field will be finalized very soon and we are anticipating a very competitive event.
Once again Antigua will serve as the Title Sponsor for this event. "Antigua is proud to support all aspects of golf, especially junior golf and high school golf," said Ron McPherson, president and CEO of the Antigua Group. "We are also very proud that new sponsors have joined us this year in presenting such a fine event. Our thanks go to the Phoenix Thunderbirds and the Chandler Unified School District who have extended their support. We would also like to thank the various affiliated organizations, both locally and nationally, who have assisted us in developing and promoting the tournament."
Also like us now on Facebook & follow your team Live on tournament days.
Tournament Golf Courses Info
Built into the ancient, native landscape is 36 holes of championship golf designed by renowned architect Gary Panks. Since opening in the fall of 2000, Whirlwind Golf Club has established itself as the gold standard for golf tournament venues in Phoenix and Arizona. The best golfers in the world have tested their skills at Whirlwind during events for the PGA of America, the USGA, and the Nationwide (Web.Com) Tour's Gila River Golf Classic, broadcasted on The Golf Channel. A true test of golf, the Cattail and Devil's Claw courses truly are desert golf, evolved. Staffed with talented and devoted professionals, Whirlwind Golf Club has become one of the premier golf facilities in the Southwest. A round at Whirlwind is quiet, peaceful and feels like a destination golf club, yet it is only 11 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Experience for yourself the best golf and dining experience in the south Valley.
Whirlwind Golf Club will be the official Final Stage site for the 2017 PGA Tour Qualifying School. Both Cattail and Devil's Claw Course will be played during Q Shcool.
Practice Round Cost
Practice rounds are $25 per player and please contact pro shop at (480) 940-1500 to set up.
Mulligan! Limited Edition Official 2017 Tournament T-Shirt
For those of you who missed the pre-order, here is your second chance!
Get ready to purchase your own! All T-Shirts will feature your school's name, home state/country, and past ANHSGI Tournament win(s) if applicable. See "Teams" page for current official entry list.
- Colors Available: Boys (White or Grey), Girls (White or Pink), Long Sleeve (Grey)
- Size Available: Adult men (S-4XL)/women (XS-3XL) plus youth sizes
- Price: $25 and up
Note: If you placed order before 8/9/2017, your purchase MUST be PICKED-UP at the time of check-in at Whirlwind Golf Club in Chandler, AZ during tournament dates (8/31/2017 - 9/2/2017.) If you placed order after 8/13/2017, your order will be SHIPPED to your address around mid-September.
What to do off the golf course?
- Kai Restaurant (Fine dining/AAA 5-Diamond/Forbes 5 Star) $$$$$
- Rawhide (Casual/1880's-styled Western Food & Stunt Show) $$
- Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q (Casual/BBQ) $
- Z'Tejas (Casual/Mexican Southwestern/Case Paloma Location) $$
- Pei Wei (Fast Casual Asian Diner/Casa Paloma Location) $
- Grimaldi's Pizzeria (New York Style Pizza/Casa Paloma Location) $
- Roy's (European techniques, Pacific Rim cuisine from Hawaii) $$$
- In-N-Out Burger (Fast food/Make sure you try their secret menu) $
- Fox Restaurant Concepts (15 different restaurants/locations around Phoenix Metro to choose from) $$$-$$$$
For Foodies Only: Best of the Best in Arizona
- Breakfast: Matt's Big Breakfast
- Farm to Table: FnB
- Deli: La Grande Orange Grocery
- Fine Dining: Café Monarch Restaurant & Binkley's Restaurant
- Japanese: Nobuo at the Teeter House
- Pizza: Pizzeria Bianco
- Mexican: Barrio Cafe
- Vegetarian Friendly: Ocotillo
- Phoenix Premium Outlet (Closest Outlet Mall, only minutes away. ANHSGI will provide store saving coupons at check-in)
- Chandler Fashion Center (Closest Indoor Mall)
- Santan Village (Closest Outdoor Mall)
- Scottsdale Fashion Square (Closest Upscale Mall)
Golf Store for Equipment & Repair
Neighborhood Markets & Pharmacy
- Bondurant Racing School
- MLB Arizona Diamondbacks vs. LA Dodgers (8/29-8/31)
- ASU Football vs. NM State (8/31)
- iFly Indoor Skydiving
- iMax Movie
Some Unique Arizona Only Experiences
- Taliesin West (Famous American architect, Frank Lloyd Wright's winter home, now a campus for an architecture school. Tour available)
- PING Golf Factory Tour (Group tours of our factory (assembly areas only) are conducted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:00am. Reservations are required, no children under 9 years old are permitted. Call 602-687-5385 for more information, and please plan ahead as space is limited.)
- PXG Xperience (or just get fitted at Parson Xtreme Golf Headquater)
- Downtown Tempe (visit Mills Ave and experience college life at ASU)
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Heard Museum (Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera now through September 4, 2017)
- Penske Auto Museum
- Gilbert Heritage District (18 miles from Chandler, AZ)
- Old Town Scottsdale (20 miles from Chandler, AZ)
- Dobbins Lookout at South Mountain (22 miles from Chandler AZ)
- Kartchner Cavern ( 151 miles from Chandler AZ. Voted Best Arizona Attraction by USA Today 2017)
- Sedona (139 miles from Chandler, AZ)
- Grand Canyon National Park (251 miles from Chandler, AZ)